As we are quickly approaching the Holiday Season we here at Golf Fights Cancer have been thinking about what to give out as gifts to our loved ones this year. We want to be health-conscious because we know that not leading a healthy lifestyle can increase your risk for cancer. It is estimated that as much as 20% of all US diagnosed cancers are due to not leading a healthy lifestyle that could be easily prevented. Leading a healthy lifestyle can mean several different things. Of course, eating healthy and being active are two major keys, but it’s more than just that. It is also getting enough sleep, taking care of yourself mentally and emotionally, stress-management, practicing good hygiene, socializing, and so much more.
With taking all of that into account we’ve decided to make our first annual GFC Healthy Holiday Gift Guide. Hopefully taking a look at this guide will help you with some of your holiday gift-giving too!
- Subscription to Headspace- Headspace is an app that helps you learn how to meditate in sessions that are only a few minutes a day. Meditation has been shown to help reduce stress, control anxiety, focus better, and improve sleep.
- Alaska Bear Sleep Mask- This sleep mask is only $10 and has rave reviews. It is made out of natural mulberry silk on each side. The Alaska Bear Sleep Mask comes in so many different colors and fun patterns so it is easy to customize the gift to your intended recipient. It is also super soft and breathable and is good for people with migraines and insomnia.
- Air Fryer- An air fryer is the perfect gift for the deep-fried food lover in your life. Air fryers are a healthy alternative to deep-frying with still getting that deep-fried taste. Another benefit to air-frying is that almost anything that can be deep-fried can be air-fried as well, from chicken fingers to veggies to tacos. Check out a list of the 8 best air fryers from 2019 from Forbes.
- ClassPass Membership- A ClassPass Membership is a exercise class junkie’s dream. ClassPass is an app that has a monthly membership to over 30,000 fitness studios and gyms around the world. You can choose from plans at all different price points to ensure you find the right plan for you.
- Essential Oils- Essential Oils can be used to treat a myriad of symptoms and diseases. Some of these include: stress, to aid digestion, headaches, anxiety, nausea, depression, eczema, and many more. Finding the right essential oils for you or someone you know might seem daunting since there are so many kinds out there. Check out this article from Healthline to find the right one that you’re looking for.
- Reusable Water Bottle- Having a reusable water bottle will increase your water intake which will keep you healthy and hydrated. It also is great for the environment which is an added bonus. Reusable water bottles keep getting better and more advanced every year. A useful one I came across is the Brita Premium Filtering Water Bottle with a Filter.
- Blue-Light Blocking Glasses- Blue-light blocking glasses are glasses whose lenses block/absorb blue light that is given off by looking at a screen. Blue light can disrupt your sleep cycle, cause digital strain to your eyes, damage your retinas, and even causes age-related macular degeneration. Blue-light blocking glasses are available in many different places from the Dollar Tree, Amazon, Walmart, and online glasses retailers such as Zenni Optical, so finding a pair shouldn’t be too difficult.
- Misfits Market Membership- Misfits Market is a weekly or bi-weekly subscription box filled with fruits and vegetables. The reason it’s called “misfits” is because the produce might be too big, too small, or have some imperfections. I personally have a membership for Misfit Market that gets delivered every other Tuesday. It’s so incredibly convenient and much cheaper than grocery store prices.
- To Hunt A Killer Subscription Box- Keep your mind sharp and exercise your brain with a To Hunt a Killer Subscription Box. There are 6 boxes in each “series” and you receive one per month. Inside each box is a series of evidence and clues, you are the detective and are in charge of solving the case. This is a fun, challenging activity for the whole family.
- 23andMe Health + Ancestry Service- Not only does the 23andMe Health + Ancestry Service tell you all about where you came from and your ancestry, but it also analyzes your DNA to see what your chances of developing certain health conditions are. By finding out if you have a predisposition to a disease you can change your lifestyle and take certain steps in order to help prevent developing that certain disease.
We hope your holiday season is filled with love, spending time with family and friends, and joy. Happy Holidays from us at Golf Fights Cancer!GFC Internal